AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over £3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites.
ELEMOS, the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We currently have a requirement for a Software QA Engineer, based at our Glasgow office who will predominantly be responsible for performing and overseeing the manual testing aspects of our ELEMOS platform.
· Work as part of an Agile delivery team as a QA tester, performing manual testing.
· Work with Business Analysts and Customer Support to re-produce customer reported problems and where possible, walk developers through the problem so that they fix it.
· Work with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the team to define the Definition of Done.
· Actively collaborate with the team and business stakeholders to clarify user stories and acceptance criteria, especially in terms of testability, consistency, and completeness.
· Write comprehensive test cases to cover current sprint development tasks, whilst maintaining an overall regression test suite.
· Report bugs/defects found during test execution and verify that resolved bugs have been fixed in test environment.
· Work with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and other QA’s to determine the impact priority of bugs found.
· Proactively participate in Scrum ceremonies, i.e., daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement sessions, team retrospectives by suggesting and implementing improvements.
· Assist the team in terms of test automation techniques and implementation.
· Execute performance and load tests on the system and reporting back top improvements and regressions, while identifying any gaps.
· Degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering) or demonstrable related experience.
· 5+ years’ experience working within an Information Technology environment specialising in Software QA.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Good problem solving and communication skills.
· Experience working within an agile development environment.
· Experience testing Windows based client/server applications.
· Experience testing angular 6 web applications.
· Experience with T-SQL and SQL Server 2008 R2 or later.
· Experience using Microsoft TFS and Test Manager.
· Release Management experience.
· Experience with TDD/BDD.
· Experience with test automation using Microsoft MS Test, Web Test, Coded UI and Performance and Load testing tools.
· Experience working as part of a remote team.
· Experience working within a continuous delivery environment.