Why Join our Team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 600+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,750+ customers in 22 countries.
Business Analysts use their ability to elicit and understand the business needs of customers and possess the skills to identify how these needs can best be met by the services AMCS provide. They are the primary solution representative to AMCS customers and are product experts, being able to understand requirements and present solutions both externally to clients and internally to specialist groups within AMCS. Business Analysts utilize AMCS’ collaborative Solution Delivery Methodology and best practices to provide guidance, consultation and direction.
- Obtain deep understanding of AMCS systems and the business environments in which they are used by our customers
- Become a product expert and its best practice use within the industry
- Work closely with internal delivery teams and product management to help direct inform project deliverables and roadmap development
- Run customer scoping workshops to elicit as-is processes and inform to-be process based on expertise and understanding of systems/industry
- Document outcomes and specifications to illustrate agreed processes and blueprint configurations to be adopted
- Analyse client organization process against best in class, identify strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
- Work with client personnel to identify required changes
- Communicate and document clearly any changes and proposed solutions, both externally to the client and internally to supporting teams
- Lead client meetings as a subject matter expert.
- Provide regular reporting to applicable managers, executive team, and the client as required.
- Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with clients and other vendors where appropriate.
- Have strong understanding of software delivery methodologies
- Support customer testing and deliver/document user training
- Ability to interact with Support in order to open and track product issues when necessary.
- Meet target billable utilization as deﬁned by this role. Adhere to Time and Expense Policy.
- Help build the knowledge base in the Practice communities in which you choose to participate in, including lessons learned, best practices, tools, and methods and learning events using SharePoint as the enabling technology.
- Serve as a mentor to Consultants who are actively engaged as part of the project team on assigned client engagements.
- Recommend improvements to project methods and processes to either Project Management Office or Team/Practice Leads as appropriate.
- Meet target Billable Utilization objective as defined for this role.
- Adhere to AMCS Policies of Code of Conduct/Ethics; Security and required training available at AMCS Academy.
Typical Role Definition
Professional Staff. An experienced professional with a full understanding of products, services, customer environments, technology and IT system delivery. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, and processes used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
·Generally, works without consulting their manager
·Independent decisions are made daily
·Typically has no direct reports
·Typically has no total staff
·Typically has a geographic focus of Area (multi-country or multi-state)
·Typically, does not manage a budget
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 60 percent yearly is expected for this position.
Physical demands: Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's degree and or/ Masters or global equivalent in Computer Science or business-related field.
Typically, 4 or more years of related professional services or / waste industry experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrate the ability to apply sound judgment to any situation and negotiate the best outcome for all involved parties.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to communicate both written and verbally with project team, AMCS Professional Services management and customers.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to consulting with, and providing information to clients.
- Demonstrable proficiency with AMCS product and services