Head of PMO
Head of PMO
AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over €3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and more than 3,000 sites.
ELEMOS, the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We are seeking to recruit a high achieving individual to help establish and run our EMEA Project Management Office at AMCS. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate successful management of large-scale business transformation projects, and specifically those with a strong background in working in a PMO function. Must have the ability to influence at senior stakeholder level and be adept at relationship management to deliver successful change management projects and programmes for our Customers.
The Head of PMO is responsible for establishing and running the Project Management Office with the objective of ensuring that all projects are delivered using a ‘best-practice’ Project Delivery Methodology and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality. The role is expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices in managing Customer projects and programmes to ensure successful delivery. This role will also ensure Project Delivery resources have the necessary toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
• Experienced working in a PMO function, providing advice, guidance and governance on Customer facing project and programmes within a professional services environment.
• Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/Prince2 or equivalent)
• Degree qualified is desirable
• Demonstrate a strong track record of success delivering IT projects and programmes for large Customers and Organisations
• Proven ability to manage a range of projects types and complex business initiatives and change programmes
• Experience of working within an agile, high growth and flexible professional services environment
• Display a high level of people skills as well as senior stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Team management experience with the ability to manage and motivate virtual or matrix project teams as well as the PMO
• Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
• Ability to provide timely, accurate and relevant project and portfolio reporting as required to senior stakeholders
• Experience working with a leading Project & Portfolio Management tool is desirable
• Strong Resource and Financial Management experience essential
• Strong focus on Quality and Risk Management
• Possess an innovative mindset, and look to continuously improve Delivery processes and methods
• Display highest level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
• This role is responsible for establishing the PMO function as a centre of excellence.
• Define the project management process, standards, deliverables and operational cadence necessary to ensure consistent high-quality project execution.
• Directly manage some key Customer projects/programmes
• Oversee Project Manager billing, to ensure targeted utilization is achieved, while monitoring overall Customer satisfaction.
• Manage and balance Project Manager’s workload and assignments.
• Work closely with the Customer and Sales organization to resolve service delivery issues with a continuous focus on maximizing sales productivity.
• Ensure development of all PM’s including appropriate certifications and training as part of the development plans.
• Ownership of the organisation’s Project Delivery Methodology, its implementation, establishment and iteration
• Be responsible for ensuring that formal Risk Management and Quality Management process are in place.
• Regularly track progress on all project plans and provide up-dates to senior management and stakeholders as requested.
• Work with PMs to analyze actual performance against the project plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Provide on-going developmental feedback to PMs as appropriate.
• Ensure PM’s keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
• Manage project scope and deliverables through a structured change management process to ensure customer expectations are met, while protecting AMCS’s revenue objectives.